Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Halloween Favorite

Today I have a Halloween favorite that I try to use sparingly, Del Sol Trick or Treat.

Trick or Treat is a UV activated colour shifting polish. In it's regular state it is a bright orange jelly with holographic micro glitter. When in the sun or exposed to UV light it turns a dark shade of purple, almost black jelly! Such a great shift and colour changing polish. I wish there were a heat activated version as well!


I used two coats over (two layers) of my Deborah Lippmann All About That Base base coat. I decided to use two layers of the base to help with opacity of the polish, and save a layer or two of polish. All and all the technique worked very well!


Comparing the colour shift from the last time I wore this polish, it's safe to say there is a bit of a difference. This may be due to a few factors, either age of the polish or quantity of layers. Age may have affected the colour shift or additional layers are needed to produce a better effect. I'll have to test the polish out to know for sure.


Do you have this polish? How is the colour shift like from your bottle?

1 comment:

  1. Nice. My sisters and I are dressing up for a party this week-end. We are going as the characters from Orange is the New Black.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)