Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bio Seaweed Gel, Uptown Lights - Collection and Review Part 1

Bio Seaweed Gel sent me some polishes from their latest Uptown Lights collection for review. I was lucky enough to pick two shades from the collection of fifteen polishes.

Below are the colours, from left to right, top to bottom;
Row one: Charlottetown, Edmonton, Fredericton, Halifax, Iqaluit
Row two: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Regina, St. John's
Row three: Toronto, Victoria, Whitehorse, Winnipeg and Yellowknife.


I love how they incorporate their Canadian roots in to the brand. If you couldn't already tell, all polishes are named after various cities in Canada! The two polishes I chose were Victoria and St. John's. I kind of regret not getting Toronto (the light blue seen on the model's hand above), but I had a feeling that I had something similar.

This is an interesting collection for summer, some brights, neutrals and dusty taupes. I received the following, one No-Wipe Top Coat, Unity All-In-One Soak-Off Gel Polish, 261 Victoria and Unity All-In-One Soak-Off Gel Polish, 259 St. John's.


Victoria is a pastel, on the verge of being neon, lime green. This is my favorite out of the two!
St. John's is a deep and dusty cornflower blue.


What I noticed about these gels,when compared to the other Bio Seaweed Gels in my collection, is that they do not produce a sticky layer after curing, this was a welcome surprise! They both dry super glossy after one minute of LED UV curing.


I found the formula on each polish to be thick, however, St. John's was thicker than Victoria. Stay tuned for more information on application, usage and wear of the products I received in upcoming posts!


*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)