Friday, August 28, 2015

Are You Jelly? Version 2

Happy Friday! Today I have the second bottle of China Glaze Are You Jelly? I purchased recently. When compared to the original release, it is more red based, where the other is more blue based and closer to a true purple.


That being said, I purchased this again because I was in the hunt for a red based purple/magenta neon. This polish delivered exactly what I was looking for!

The formula was great. I usually apply oldish at night before going to bed to avoid and dings or dents and this held up pretty well the fist day! I only needed two coats for full opacity. It dried to the typical satin finish neons are known for. A top coat really made this polish shine, it is super glossy!


The only downside to this polish is that it started chipping sooner than I anticipated. I'm not sure whether to blame the polish or my nails. I find when my nails are thin or weak nail polish does not adhere very well. It's sad today that I can feel the colder win coming in and summer ending, it is having an effect on my nails. I still got a good five days of wear in my fingers. I also applied Are You Jelly? to my toes and no chips yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)