Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentines Nails

I kept it simple and sweet this Valentines on my nails. I was feeling like something girly and spring-like, even though it is still FREEZING and snowy out... Spring cannot come soon enough for me!

I decided on a bright pastel pink, China Glaze Spring in my Step. It was a little finicky formula wise, but a good two coats provided me with even enough coverage for a glitter topper. I chose an awesome glitter topper for the occasion, Sinful Colors Love Sprinkles which is a mixture of matte white glitter and pastel pink glitter of various sizes in a clear base. sprinkled throughout are some matte white glitter hearts.



I was hoping that Love Sprinkles would be a dense glitter topper, but it had a thicker clear base that didn't allow for much glitter on the brush. To remedy this I added some thinner to the polish and stored the bottle upside down so the glitter would float to the top of the bottle. This helped a bit, but I had to fish around a little to get those cute heart shaped glitters on the nail.


Although it did not apply as great as other Sinful Color polishes I own, it definitely was no the worst! Overall I am happy with the dainty feminine look of this mani.

2 comments:

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)