Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Old Bond Street

I have a new to me formula today from Nails Inc., their " Gel Effects" line. I was given the "Be Gelous Collection" gift set as a Christmas gift and was curious to try these out. I chose to wear Old Bond Street first.


Old Bond Street is a deep navy blue creme which appears darker on the nail than it does in the bottle. The formula is smooth yet thick and easy to apply. It can easily be opaque in one coat, but I decided to go with two slightly thinner coats for full coverage. I really love the look of this polish, even without the topcoat of Seche Vite I added on top, it really shined and was super glossy.


I find branding on this product to be a little bit confusing. The term "gel" leads me to believe that this polish is glossy and long lasting since gel polish typically is. However, nowhere on the box or on their website to they refer to the polish as long lasting, only, and I quote: "formulated with revolutionary plasticizer technology to create a high shine, super glossy finish—without the UV lamp".

I am mentioning all of this because while wearing a shade from this collection, Old Bond Street, I was surprised that I started to receive chipping within 24 hours of application! What a disappointment. Could it have been because I didn't use the Nails Inc. base and topcoat? If this was a must, I'm sure it would have been mentioned somewhere or at least included in the set. Could it have been my application, were my nail beds not cleaned well enough? I also did not wrap the tip of each nail with the polish, could that be a factor? I will have to try out another shade to really be sure. Stay tuned for another post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)