Monday, January 5, 2015

Rolling In Cashmere

Today I have more information on the base polish I used for my New Year's Eve nails, OPI, Rolling in Cashmere. This lovely shade of gold is light and lacks the brassiness of other shades of gold, which I like. 




Application was great, the formula was good. My only comment on these types of frost finish polishes is that brushstrokes may show through. They were not too apparent with my application, and I wasn't very careful. To get even coverage without brushstrokes for these finishes, sponge on a thin layer of polish with a cosmetic sponge as your final coat before adding topcoat.


I heard that this polish dries to a satin/matte finish, but I don't see it. The finish wasn't super glossy either, mind you. Due to the this formula I found that it chipped quicker than normal on me. 


What do you think about this polish? Normally wouldn't purchase a polish like this, however I received it in a gift set from Christmas (Christmas polish gift haul to some after I have caught up on my other posts!). I actually like it more than I thought I would, it is great for layering and nail art. I will need to check how well it is for stamping.

1 comment:

  1. It's quite a nice gold - I was tempted to buy this but I didn't! Unless I see it in the sales! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)