Wednesday, November 19, 2014

October Favorites

This is an ongoing monthly post I will be incorporating in to the blog which mentions some of my favorite things. 

Today I have my most favorite things from last month. Check it out below.

Favorite. Period. Pumpkin EVERYTHING!


I'm talking pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin spiced tea, actual pumpkins! Although summer is my favorite season, October is a favorite month of mine, I love Halloween and all the colours and favours of fall. If I saw anything this month (even in late September!) That had anything to do with pumpkins (healthy options if packaged goods, mind you), I was buying it! I almost purchased pumpkin shaped pasta... I hardly even eat pasta!



Favorite Polish Remover: Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover for Glitter


I definitely needed this product this month to remove the lovely Halloween glitters quick and effortlessly from my nails. The cool thing about this product I noticed other didn't have was a super scrubby brush which helps to remove glitter more easily than a cotton bad and remover alone. I'm not sure how much this goes for, my sister gave it to me, but I am sure I would not have purchased it on my own. I am glad to have it on hand for easy removal of glitter manis.



Favorite Pedi : OPI Lincoln Park After Dark


I got a pedicure the first week in October, and I probably won't get another one again until sometime next summer! Seeing how we are at the end of the month, my pedi of OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark has held up quite well! I have been doing straight yoga and a lot of walking almost every day as well.
Although a dark vampy purple, it appears black almost always. My favorite part about this polish is its shine, I just love dark shades of polish on my toes. Especially in the fall.

Favorite Halloween Treat: Raw/Vegan Caramel Apples


As a child I loved candy apples, sugar on sugar, right? As I got older I started to prefer caramel apples and actually made them myself. I found this awesome recipe that is 100% raw and vegan and it is just as good if not better than your average caramel apple! I topped it with some raw pecans and pepitas (pumpkinseeds). They were awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Those caramel apples look amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They are super duper healthy too, no added refined sugars, just a mix of dates, almond butter and cocconut oil and sprinkled with raw pumpkin seeds and pecans

      Delete
  2. I wasn't a fan of caramel apples as a kid...even know, I prefer the candied ones. And yet, I like caramel. Anyway, if I ever do, I should top with nuts like you did. They look so yummy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to LOVE candy apples as a kid, but I was a sugar addict so that makes sense lol. Too sweet for me now.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)