Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cross boarder haul

What a little road trip I had last month. It was short and super sweet, I purchased ALL the Halloween/Fall themed items lol. Okay, maybe not everything, but enough! Is it crazy to anyone else that Christmas stuff is in stores before October!? I'm not taking about one thing here and there, like full on, set up displayed Christmas trees, lights and whatever else have yous, nuts! I picked up some fantastic scores polish-wise, however no Halloween themed polish really caught my eye.

I found this gem, OPI, Muir Muir on the Wall at Ulta, only $2.49, I could not believe it! That has got to be the cheapest I have ever purchased an OPI for! Muir Muir on the Wall is a vampy duochrome from OPI's 2013 fall collection. It shines mostly pink/red, however, the base appears to be a deep, dusty purple. two coats shown in the swatch below.



Moving along to Big Lots. The last time I was there I stocked up on a bunh of Seohora by OPI polishes that had been marked down to $1.80! To my surprise when I returned this time I found full sized Sephora Formula X polishes! I had been wanting to try these, I have heard so many good things (my sister even got a few mini samples and kept them for herself), but the price tag deterred me. But for $2.50 a bottle I coulnt leave them, the ones that caught my eye anyways! This includes from left to right, In Love, Whimsical.


In Love is a baby pink glitter with an unexpected scattered holo shimmer. Whimsical is a frosty silver glitter with silver shimmer throughout. Two coats are shown for each polish in the swatch below. 


Left to right, Chaotic and Explosive.


Chaotic is your standard black and white matte glitter, one coat is shown in the swatch below. Explosive is a black jelly with holo gold hex glitters of various sizes, two coats are shown in the swatch below. This was a weird one, and I am still note sure how I feel about it. The base is not a true, squishy jelly. If it dried to a high gloss finish I would like it more, but it looks almost matte and gritty. I must say, the gold holo glitter is beautiful.


I also picked up a few Sephora by OPI shades because, ya know, they were under $2. I got Caught With My Khakis Down And Shiny Dancer.




Caught With My Khakis Down is a khaki green neutral creme, two coats are shown in the swatch below.


Shiny Dancer is a gunmetal grey micro glitter with a hint of blue sparkle, two coats are shown in the swatch below.



Bonus - My sister is a makeup consultant at Sephora, did the whole beauty school thing on the side for fun, so it's cool she gets to do that part time. What's even cooler? She gets samples galore from the brands sold at Sephora. She scored this awesome mini glitter from Ciate called Fancy Pants and passed it along to me. Woohoo!



This awesome glitter is made up of pink, periwinkle and white hex glitter of various sizes and black hex glitter. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.



Until the next haul..

Friday I will return to regular scheduled, Halloween programming :)


2 comments:

  1. Great haul! These look good. I really like the Ciate glitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm lucky to have a sharing sister lol

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)