Friday, October 3, 2014

August Favorites

This is an ongoing monthly post I will be incorporating in to the blog which mentions some of my favorite things. 

Happy Friday! Although a little late, I have finally got my favorites post together for August. It is a bit delayed seeing as how were are already in October... Where did the time go! Better late than never, so here are my favorite things for August.



Favorite Moisturizer: Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Crème
This isn't a new product for me but I thought it it was worth mentioning since I go through waves of using this product. It is great for moisturizing the cuticles and dry skin, but it is quite thick. I suggest applying it before bed so you can wake up to soft, smooth skin.


Favorite Skin Care: Rose Water Witch Hazel 
I used witch hazel as a toner and on any breakouts to help accelerate the healing process. I recently picked up this new brand that has aloe Vera and rose water. It smells fantastic! Another plus, this is an all natural product with almost all organic ingredients.


Favorite Beauty Product: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N9, Moisturizing soft shine lipstick
I don't usually wear lipstick, I don't think I have ever even really purchased one before! I got this from Sephora this year for my birthday and it is so perfect!


Favorite Book: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
I caught part of the biopic depicting Steve Jobs staring Ashton Kutcher in early summer and it peaked my interest. The actual movie seemed to fast pace, skimming over too much at one time so I decided I would red his biography.

Once I took out Steve Jobs from the library and couldn't put it down! If you are an Apple fan I would highly suggest this read. Steve is very candid and open and brings you straight in to his world touching on topics like childhood (did to know he was adopted?), growing up, Apple and family life.



A bonus favorite for August was that lovely slushy in the photo above with the book. Sigh... looking at this photo makes me miss the lazy, lounging days of summer. The recipe for the slushie is simple, frozen watermelon chunks blended up to a slush, no need to add any additional ice or juices, maybe a small amount (an ounce or less) of water to get it going. Try it, it is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Burt's Bees stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)