Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Collective Haul for the Month of July

Lots of polish purchases during the month of July for me. I haven't been purchasing many polishes lately but I think this makes up for it. I blame the sales!

I'll start off  with my first few purchases of the month from Zoya. They had two awesome promos this month, the first were their sets of all-American trios which were $15 each including shipping. There were four options available and I chose the most interested (and best deal) Patriotic Pixie Dust.


Tomoko is a shimmering white gold pixie dust. When compared to Zoya Godiva, it is much more shiny and gold toned. Godiva is more of a tan, sand coloured neutral shade. I also find it is the least "textured" out of the trio.

Chyna is a glittery red pixie dust and has a sand like texture finish once dried.

Liberty is a blinggy blue pixie dust and has a sand like texture finish once dried.

Two coats were used for each polish in the swatches below.



The next few Zoya's I purchased were apart of the "Threedom" promo. Any three polishes for $12 including shipping! Back to back deals are awesome, thanks Zoya!  I chose some fun bright shades for what is left of summer, from left to right, Dillon, Muse and Alma.


Dillon is a bright pastel teal with golden shimmer. This dainty shade is apart of the Spring Awakening collection.

Muse is insane! It is this gorgeous deep blue teal jelly packed with gold shimmer and iridescent he glitter pieces. It shines beautifully in the sun, but in indirect lighting it is mesmerizing.


Alma is a oranges based cousin in Muse. It has a sheer jelly orange base and is packed with gold shimmer.


Two coats are shown for each of the polishes in the swatches below.


Nicole by OPI A Lit-Teal Bit of Love is a gorgeous shimmery blue foil. I don't usually go out and purchase a NOPI polish on my own unless it is something really special. My boyfriend went to go grab some last minute groceries while I was making dinner and picked this up for me. To be honest I probably wouldn't have picked out this shade on my own, but it is such a stunner! I love the blackened edges and hint of a purple duochrome. It is similar to Orly's Sweet Peacock, but more blue and a shade darker.


Next up is Sally's, I went there a few times this month to make the most of my birthday coupon, here is what I picked up;

China Glaze All Aboard collection, fall 2014. I was so happy to find this in store late July across the boarder! I got my pick of the whole collection.


Choo-Choo Choose You is one of those grey, purple taupey shades, but what sets it apart is he strong mulitchrome shimmer. I'm talking Clarin's type shifting. The formula was quite thin, but surprisingly built up quite well. The first swiped appeared to be frosty, but it dried to a smooth and glossy finish.




Loco-Motive is a glitter topper made up of charcoal glitter and larger orange-red hex glitter sprinkled throughout. You probably could get this one to reach opacity but it seemed quite thin, I stopped at two coats for my swatch.






Next up, Boundary of a Memory.


This is apart of The Giver collection. Yes, The Giver the book! Does anyone else remember reading this in grade 5? I do vaguely, however back then I was not a big fan of reading. Apparently they are making a movie about it and China Glaze has partnered with the release of a polish collection. The only polish that caught my eye was Boundary of a Memory, a shimmery glitter. Both Sally's I went to did not have swatches available, so I based my decision on the bottle alone, and let me just say that the bottle does this glitter no justice! So much better on the nail. It appears to be a mix of silver grey and brown micro glitters and builds up to opacity nicely, two thick coats are shown in my swatch below.


Finger Paints:


In the Monet is a saturated blue jelly jam packed with blue microglitter and slightly larger silver prismatic glitter that shines green. Two coats are shown  in the swatch below.



Colourful Collage is a holo glitter bomb! I have been wanting this for a while but not really needed it. I added it finally to my cart when I needed a few extra dollars to use my birthday coupon, yippee! It is a mix of multiple shapes and sizes of silver holo glitter in a clear base.


I picked up Crystal Springs on clearance for $2.10! It is a topper made up of matte lime green and baby blue glitter and sprinkled with holo gold micro glitter and irregularly shaped silver holo glitter. Two coats are shown in my swatch below

Aloha Lei is an orange shimmer that has a deep orange jelly-ish base and golden yellow/orange shimmer. Two coats are shown in my swatch below.



China Glaze Off Shore collection, summer 2014:



Stoked To Be Soaked is a basic creme orange. I am rethinking purchasing this polish as it is nothing really special. Two coats are shown in my swatch below

Shore Enough is bright green creme polish. Along with Stoked to Be Soaked, this was an impulse purchase, but I prefer this over the orange. Two coats are shown in the swatch below.


4 comments:

  1. have you tried jamberry nails? they have over 300 designs and you can design your own. Let me know if you want to try a free sample to see how it holds up to your regular nail polish. http://jchaves.jamberrynails.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'd love to try, please send me a private email, my email can be fount in the Contact/PR tab at the top of the page. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh my what a great haul! I'm loving the Zoyas and that China Glaze Choo-Choo Choose oh lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)