Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Girls Are Out!

Today have another Essie I picked up recently, I must have been inspired by the warming of temperatures a few weeks back. Unfortunately the weather has been inconsistent lately. I do, however really do enjoy the odd sunny, breezy day. Essie, The Girls are Out is a great seasonal transition colour from the longer than expected winter and sporadic coming of spring.



The Girls are Out appears to be a bright red leaning purple creme in the bottle with a generous sprinkling of silver shimmer. On the nail and with my skintone I feel that is comes off as more of a magenta pink, luckily the shimmer is still visible, not too obvious and not to subtle.


I applied two coats for full opacity and don't recall having any issues with the formula or application. It is a nice bright shade that is perfect for spring or summer. Now if only it would get a wee bit warmer and less rainy, I'd be happy!

1 comment:

  1. It certainly is a pretty colour and the subtle sparkle is nice too :-)

    Hehe it's raining over in Scotland just now :-( We have some lovely warm sunny days last week then that was it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)