Friday, February 28, 2014

A Hot Mess Indeed

Happy Friday!

Today I have my attempt at covering up OPI, I Theodora You from my last post. I have this awesome milky sheer jelly polish with iridescent glitter and irregularly shaped gold glitter pieces that I knew would look perfect over this pink jelly. I was hoping the milky white base in Wet n' Wild's  Mountain High (collaboration polish line with Fergie) would blend in well with the slight streakiness of I Theodora You.



 photo IMGP8511_zps8312497c.jpg


I have tried out Mountain High on it's own but it it way to sheer unless you want total visible nail line. It is quite pretty on it's own, and I know some people can pull it off, but my nails are just brutal this winter, not good to look at au natural at the moment! Anyways, this is one of those glitters you really have to dab on the nail to get a good amount on the nail. So I blobbed on one coat for each nail, and I love the outcome!

 photo IMGP8515_zpsf9c99451.jpg


Super girly and pretty and it covered up the imperfections from the base polish... That is until it started to bubble! No luck with I Theodora you this time, such a shame. At least I had a day with this look, the bubbles kind of mixed in with the glitter, but it just bothered me to the point of removal.

 photo IMGP8513_zps5de0e66f.jpg

It was pretty while it lasted :)

One last note before the weekend, inspired by Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's day, for the Month of March I will be sporting green and purple on my nails exclusively. I am doing this on my own but if you'd like to join me let me know, I'd be happy to link your blog in my March posts if your are interested.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award.Great pic's! Find the link below to find out about it and follow the rules ♥
    http://nailsnbling.blogspot.com/2014/03/wow-im-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)