Thursday, April 4, 2013

Purity

Rounding out the three China Glaze Avant Garden polishes I first purchased and have worn right away is Dandy Lyin Around. I own a handful of white polishes that I will use for full manis (this does not include the stark whites I own and use for stamping, nail art, French tips, etc), each white I own is special in it's own way and Dandy Lyin' Around is no exception.

 photo IMGP6238_zpsa71eb4c5.jpg

 photo IMGP6235_zps09f66e28.jpg

This beautiful white polish has a shimmery sheen that reminds me of snow reflecting the light on a bright, sunny winter day. I have another glistening snow polish from China Glaze named Frosty, which is similar but not a dupe. Frosty has larger glass flecks of shimmer, where as DLA has a very fine and even distribution of glass flecks they look similar to a shimmer from a distance.

 photo IMGP6244_zpse350773e.jpg

I was hoping it was a close dupe to another China Glaze favorite, White Kwik Silver, which is a long gone hard to find, you can see a swatch here.

 photo IMGP6240_zps6299cad2.jpg

The formula was alright, not too thick and not too thin, actually pretty good fr a while polish. There was some initial streaking on the first and second coat, so I added some thinner to the bottle before applying a final third coat. I am happy with the final look :)

2 comments:

  1. Cool color but not for me. Danielle, have you checked out OPI's Euro collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that back, the picture threw me off. I can pull off white in the summer time.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)