Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Very Blingy Review! Design Glassware Nail File

I received some products to review recently from a design glassware company based in the Czech Republic called Design Glassware by Mont Blue Ltd.. They specialize in an assortment of cosmetic tools, accessories, jewellery and compact mirrors which are decorated with gorgeous Swarovski crystals!

I was sent two products for review, a glass nail file and a hair pin. I'll start off with the nail file since this is a nail blog.



This is no ordinary nail file. Not only is glass but it is decked out whit some Swarovski crystals :) I own a couple of glass nail files, some cheap, some higher end. A favorite of mine is The Perfect Formula mini travel glass nail file.


First, let me show you the other glass files that compare to this one. I have a no name dollar store one and the Perfect Formula one. The dollar store one is pretty weak, after multiple uses it has worn down quite a bit. I hardly use it anymore. The Perfect Formula file is great for smoothing out the tip of the nail after major filing from a harder grit file and shaping.


I feel like this file is most similar to the Perfect Formula one. It feels like a slightly stronger grit while still being smooth on my nail, plus it is so pretty! You do feel the jewels on your fingers when holding the file, but they don't get in the way. I found the best ways to use this file is with a softer touch, I also preferred to use it for shaping. I do own another nail file I purchased at Sally's that is a way stronger grit that I usually use to file my nails down, I don't think I would use this nail file for that. More for after they have been filed down for shaping and getting rid of any layers of nail that have frayed at the edge.

Moving on now to the hair pin, At first I was a bit confused as to how I would go about writing a review, but after wearing it for a day I have a lot to say!



I decided I would wear it in my hair to hold a side poof at the front of my head. I've been rocking the poof since before I knew what a Snookie was, so don't judge, I had it first anyways!


I was impressed with how well it held the poof tall and strong all day! AND it looked super cute. I also wore it another day the same way, but with the rest of my hair down (in these photos the rest of my hair is clipped back.) I have pretty long hair, it actually touches my ribs! I don't wear my hair down often, it is usually clipped back during the day, and when I'm at home it's clipped up in a bun. It kept a good amount of hair out of my face while shopping, I didn't even realize I had my hair down!


I'm not sure what the actual pin is made out of but it is silver in colour and very stiff, I had to get the hang of prying it open and sticking it in as I'm not used to using hair pins in this way. It held strong all day and kept my poof perfect. The best part was I didn't even feel it in my hair. I really love how this looked in my hair, total thumbs up :)

My boyfriend actually thought that they were 2 pins or clips because of the double crystals. I love how it adds just the perfect amount of sparkle that can be used every day.

Some more information on Design Glassware by Mont Blu Ltd. taken from their website:
Mont Bleu Ltd Company is one of the world leading suppliers of glass nail files. Our glass nail files are made of high quality Czech glass; they are decorated by patterns, or by Swarovski crystals. At present our company is growing, and we became one of the main producers of the accessories decorated with original Swarovski crystals in Europe.
Mont Bleu delivers its products all over the world, that is why clients from USA, Canada, Israel, CIS countries, Asia and from all over the EU are buying our products with great pleasure.
Our company offers to your attention only quality production approved with quality certificates of Czech Republic, Russia and EU. Our glass nail files were tested and approved by Czech institute of health.
Our assortment of cosmetic and office accessories is permanently supplemented. Most of the designs were created in our design-studio SIS-Luxury Glass Fashion in Prague. This means that you can order products a la carte, with your own designs.
We have opened an Internet-shop which allows purchasing our products online. It can also be an option for our wholesale retailers.
You can use ordinary way of shopping- contact with our sole offices, or with central office in Prague.
The site www.design-glassware.com was especially created for those who admire luxury accessories, and for those who have an eye for exclusive presents and expensive hand made accessories.
Prices and more information on their products can be found on their website.

*This product was sent to me for an honest review, all views expressed are my own honest option.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty file! I have a glass file and I love it (when I can find it LOL). Those bobby pins are super cute, too. What a great way to bling up a regular old hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful indeed! Just ordered a few as gifts to my girlfriends, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)