Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Doppelgängers! Featuring China Glaze Strawberry Fields

Oops, accidentally posted this for 9:30 PM, not AM, just realized now. Sigh... long day today! here's my post anyways!

Today I have another installment of Doppelgängers! I purchased this next polish specifically because it reminded me of China Glazes Strawberry Fields, but I didn't realize how close they really were until I swatched them side by side.

I found this Sally Hansen polish at a liquidation warehouse type store a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure how readily available it is now, but it's called Tip Toe Tulip. Since you all know what Strawberry Fields Looks like, let me describe Tip Toe Tulip for you; it has a deep pink/magenta base with a golden sheen of micro shimmer. Although they are not glass flecks, they are still very pretty. Here they both are in the bottle.



Now let's see some closeups! First is Strawberry Fields.



Next we have Tip Toe Tulip. Both of these bottle shots were taken in direct sunlight.


Here they both are again at 1 coat. Left to right, Strawberry Fields and Tip Toe Tulip.



2 coats,



And 3 coats.



I think it's easy to see the differences in these polishes. Although very similar, the glass flecks sets them apart from one another. Tip Toe Tulip's shimmer is also not as prominent as Strawberry Feilds.



I wonder when this polish was first released, it's in the old insta-dri bottle, I can't remember when exactly they switched over. Such a great shade, either polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)