Monday, August 22, 2011

Royal Jelly

First off, thank you to all of those who have made an order with me for the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms I have for sale. If you have sent your payment I will be sending out your packages today after work :) I really hope you get them soon and enjoy them as much as I do.

Now on to some polish, this is NYX's Ink Heart that I got in my Beauty Joint Haul. It is a lovely, deep saturated blue. I believe this was only one thick coat! It is super pigmented and applies pretty well. It has a thick consistency, but nothing that is not manageable. I added a tiny bit of thinner half way through application




These photos are taken without a top coat on, so you can see how glossy this polish is, aren't jelly's awesome?! It also dried fairly quickly, which was great.



The only bad thing I have to saw about this polish is I had Smurf fingers after removal. It may have had something to do with how I layered it, I'm not sure. I used Seche Clear as a base, it's supposed to protect from staining, right? Maybe I should have used 2 coats. Anyone have any good tips for preventing staining? Please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love it!

    And blues ALWAYS stain my fingers :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! It looks similar to Revlon's Royal #730. Do you own both??

    ReplyDelete
  3. déjà vu - Thanks :) No, I don't own Revlon's Royal, I agree though, they do look similar if not the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. imfeelingnail-venturous - thanks :) The NYX girl polishes I purchased lately make me wish that they were more readily available around me

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)