Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pink-ish Wednesday

Finally, I'm wearing something close though to a pink for Wednesday! Today I have a neon from China Glaze, A Rose Among Thorns.

This polish is described as a red neon, but I find depending on your lighting source this colour varies from red, bright pink and orange!




I used 3 coats over a milky base of ridge filler, although next time I may use 2 coats of the ridge fuller for more coverage of the neon.




Although you can't really tell from the photos, this polish is bright! Like, super, burning your eyes bright.




I don't really have too much to say about it, it is what it is lol. I plan on doing nail art over it, so that will be coming up soon.




What do you think of this polish or neons in general? I wish that they were a little bit more opaque and not so chippy. On the bright side, this polish applied very smoothly and dried quick betweek coats to a matte finish. I'm not sure if it was all the coats I used, but when I applied Seche Vite over it, it took a little bit longer to dry than it normally would.

3 comments:

  1. The color is so bright and vibrant =D!
    but it looks like orange more than red in photos?

    but Im still in fear to put on the super shape shades on nails >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love neon oranges!! Orange is one of my favourite nail polish colors, so every variaty of it is good in my book. Can't say much about the other neons, I haven't tried any

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz W - yeah, it shows up weird on camera, I would describe it as a warm toned red/coral neon, very bright!

    Une Ruxi à Paris - you should try some, they really pop in the sunshine and are reat for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)