Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Love/Hate Relationship

Hello ladies,

Today I have a polish that I LOOOOVED the first time I saw it. Such a beautiful light almost pastel blue, and I love my blues! I had debated for a while whether I should get OPI's What's with the Cattitude? or this beauty, Sepora by OPI's Havana Dreams. Havana Dreams was from Sephora's summer collection last year, Havana Nights, and although What's With the Cattitude? was not a complete dupe for it, I figured that I wouldn't need both.



I had heard many negative comments on this polish based on formula, but I figured it couldn't be that bad... unfortunately I was wrong. Now, I applied this polish 3-4 days ago, so I am definitely calm now, but during application I was really frustrated.

The formula is thin and watery and took 3 coats to be opaque and even. Then, to make things worse I accidentally smudged a few fingers :( On top of that I had some issues that weren't the polishes fault, I think my base coat had some dried up bits from the spout on the brush, so that caused some unevenness and bumping.


I was literally ready to just give up and take everything off at that point.



If I didn't have Seche Vite I don't know if I would have kept this mani on. I was so upset at the time I was ready to bring it right back to Sephora. The colour is beautiful though, such a shame that the formula had to suck. I don't think I'll bring it back based on the colour alone, I will just have to deal with the crappy formula and be very careful with application.

Stay tuned for tomorrows post to see how I made this mani awesome :)

5 comments:

  1. sorry you had such a hard time with it. But it looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity about the formula because it really is a gorgeous color. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I really wanted to give it a chance. The end result came out alright so I guess I will just have to just deal with it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when a polish is pretty in the bottle but a nightmare to apply. Bummer! At least they took it back, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan - although I would generally never think to take a polish back to the store, the sales associate from Sephora informed me a while ago that if you are not satisfied with a product purchased from them, even if you have used it, they will accept a return. I didn't return it yet, but I think i like the actual colour too much to part with it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)