Monday, July 12, 2010

Claire's mood polish

Hi ladies :)

*Note: to view my review of the NEW mood polishes, click here.

Today I have one of the older mood polishes to share. I know that they have been seen before, but I really had fun with this one, I did not expect to love this colour so much!


Window, daylight

I think that I used 3 coats of the polish with 1-2 coats of white under. I would highly recommend doing this as I find it lasts a lot longer. I had tried out the blue/teal mood polish previously and had chipping within the first couple of hours of application!

I had just gotten my bundle monster plates when I did this mani and wanted to try them out, this is what I came up with.


Indoors, flash. You can see a slight funky french

I love the star design :) it works as a full nail design, but since it is a full image and does not cut off it covered all my nails perfectly, including my thumbs.

What is your favorite Claire's mood changing polish so far? Have you bought any backups?

6 comments:

  1. I bought the calm/wild but haven't tried it out yet. I love the stars and will be buying the BM plates soon ~ love the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 1, the exact same shade. I like the idea of putting white polish underneath, but that'd be 5 coats in total, would it be a little thick? And I like the colour to stay more green and less yellow (which might not happen if white is added)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I need some Konad/Bundle Monster plates. Grrr!! I have Claire's Mild/Wild (purple/pink) and I love it - though I hate that it chips so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freshie - thanks :) it was kinda out there for me, but i really enjoyed it

    Halifax- i can't remember it being too thick, but i didn't put a base coat either, just let the white be my base and the mani lasted pretty long! The white doesn't effect the "yellow-ness" of the colour, my hands were just really warm in the pics and i had forgotten to take a "cold" pic. at work I am usually freezing and my nails were fully green all day.

    Megan - I hate the chips too, next time try out a base coat of white and see if it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you've done with the mood polish! I would have never thought to use it for nail art!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)