Saturday, May 8, 2010

Past Manicures - Vacation nails



I have a bunch of manicure photos from the last little while to share with you.

The first round of images are from when i really started to get in to doing my nails, this was last year. Below are some pics of the manicure I had when i went on vacation to the Punta Cana in the Dominican in August.

My first attempt was some free handed tips with some accents.

































For this design I used 3 polishes
  • Base coat - Sally Hansen diamond strength base and top coat
  • Pink tips - Ardene pink (colour name not specified)
  • Black design - Sally Hansen 10 day no chip in blueberry (applied with thin brush)
I really liked this manicure but felt that I had no bikinis to mach, plus my pedicure was China Glaze - japanise koi (neon orange). In the end I decided to go with something that matched my pedicure a bit more





















I ended up keeping the same design with different colours

Nailpolish used for this design:
  • Base coat - Sally Hansen diamond strength base and top coat
  • Tips - Sally Hansen Diamond strength in Exquisite Peach
  • Design - Kiss brush on nail art in red
You can click to enlarge the pics to see the duo-chrome effect the polish had. In real life it flashes a teal/green/yellow on a coral base, very tropical :)

I also added some pink rhinestones picked up from Dollarama, I'm pretty sure I took these photos on day 2 or 3 of my vacation and unfortunately one or two may have fallen off.

what kinds of nails do you like on vacation, funky designs or bold colours?

I'll leave you with some more nail and beach pics.

enjoy :)

Danielle



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)